Smart Thermostats Create Comfort and Save Energy
Rather than being a Wi-Fi smart thermostat, Element runs on Z-Wave frequencies, leaving your security cameras and other Wi-Fi devices running more efficiently while still wirelessly connecting to your system through the Smart Hub™.
The Vivint Thermostat Steps Up Smart Thermostat Design
By syncing with additional smart sensors and monitoring local weather patterns, Vivint Element creates and maintains your ideal in-home climate with more precision and flexibility.
Vivint Element™ Thermostat Features
Element controls itself—and keeps itself accountable by sending alerts every time it auto-adjusts, so you know why the temperature is changing. When needed, you can also make manual changes on Element itself, your mobile device, or the Smart Hub™.
Element monitors moisture, not just temperature, so you can control the humidity in your house better. Plus, when hardwired to your HVAC and synced to your smart home, Element can shut down your HVAC during a fire to prevent flames from spreading rapidly through the vents.
Element has a sleek, barely there touch display, which lights up either on approach or with the touch of a button. Element also glows orange or blue to indicate warming or cooling, and its rectangular shape matches the shape of most old thermostats, so you don’t have to match paint.
Voice Control with the Vivint Smart Home Thermostat
Just integrate your Vivint Smart Hub™ with your Amazon Echo® or Google® Home to give voice commands to your Vivint smart home thermostat—if it hasn’t set itself already.
Precise, Professional Installation of Your Smart Home ThermostatProfessional Installation, $0 Activation
Micro-efficiencies Add Up to an Easier Home Life
Vivint Thermostat Specifications
115mm H x 115mm W x 24mm D
Battery powered (4 AA) or 24VAC wired power from HVAC system
Temperature, humidity, proximity, ambient light
Works with common heating and cooling systems, including conventional forced air, radiant, and heat pump. Up to 3 stages of heating. Up to 2 stages of cooling. Supports a wide range of fuels including natural gas, propane, electric, fuel oil, and geothermal. Built-in fan timer.
View More Specs +
Create a Smart Home System with Related Vivint Products
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I calibrate my Vivint Element™ Thermostat?
- Find the side button and hold it for 3–4 seconds until you see Settings.
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate to Installer, then press the side button to select it.
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate to Calibrate, then press the side button to select it.
- Use the up and down arrows to select the temperature that seems to best match the temperature of the room.
- Hold the side button down for 2 seconds to return to the default thermostat view.
How do I change my Vivint thermostat batteries?
- Carefully pull the body of the thermostat toward you so it lifts from the magnetic mounting plate.
- Remove the old batteries and place 4 new AA batteries into the proper slots.
- Place the thermostat back onto the magnetic mounting plate.
How do I change my Vivint thermostat?
What thermostats work with Vivint?
The Nest thermostat is also compatible with the Vivint smart home, so if you already have one, you don’t need to buy a new automated thermostat to integrate temperature control into your Vivint smart home system.