Use the code CYBERWEEK22 to get a FREE Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro!
How Does Vivint Installation Work?
If you're considering purchasing a Vivint monitored home security system, you might have a few questions about the installation process. Here are the basic steps involved and some key points you should know.
- Vivint doesn't subcontract installation like some other home security companies do; a Vivint Field Service Professional will install your system.
- An authorized contract signer is required to be at home throughout the installation process. If you have a spouse or other adult living in your home, it's a good idea for you both to be present. That way the Field Service Professional can teach you both how to use the systems and answer any individual questions you might have.
- You'll be given a 'service window' for your appointment, such as between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. This is the span of time in which your installer may arrive.
- If you can't keep your installation appointment, you should notify Vivint at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled date and time. Contact Vivint's Customer Care at 1-800-216-5232 ext. 5155.
- The time it takes to install a Vivint home security system varies from home to home, depending on factors like how large the house is and what type of equipment is being installed.
- Your Vivint Field Service Professional will conduct a pre-installation review before starting the installation process. He or she will learn more about your home security needs and confirm what services and equipment you've signed up for. Then you'll sign any necessary paperwork.
- Next, you'll be given a series of videos to watch while your system is installed. The videos provide an overview of the system's features and introduce you to its operation.
- Once the Field Service Professional has installed the system, call Vivint to activate it.
- Then the Field Service Professional will test your system, and teach you how to use it. Before leaving, he or she will ensure you feel comfortable operating the system. The installer will also take you step-by-step through setting up your online account.
- You'll download Vivint's mobile application to your smartphone, tablet and other connected devices, and learn how to operate your system remotely using the app.
Now that your Vivint system is installed and activated you'll have the comfort of knowing a security professional is monitoring your home 24 hours a day, year-round. The moment an unusual activity occurs and sets off the system, a signal is sent to Vivint's monitoring station and a Vivint professional ensures the appropriate help is on the way. If you're at home when an emergency strikes, you have the benefit of two-way communication between you and a professional at the monitoring station. He or she will contact your local emergency services and walk you through the emergency until help arrives.
It's important to know that because Vivint is a wireless home security system that uses cellular technology, you don't need a phone line for it to work. And due to the fact that it's wireless, holes won't be drilled to run wires throughout your house. In fact, your Vivint Field Service Professional will only drill two holes: one to feed wires that link the Sky Control™touchscreen panel to your home's power source and the other to install recessed door sensors, if you opt for them. Other devices such as detectors and sensors are installed throughout your home using unobtrusive screws.
Should you relocate, Vivint will move your home security system and install it in your new home for free if you sign up for a new 42-month monitoring agreement. If you don't want to sign up for a new agreement, Vivint charges a $100 fee to move the system to your new home.
Get Your Free Quote!
Get Your Free Quote!
Your quote is ready!
Call the number below to get details from a Vivint Smart Home security specialist.1-833-792-2661
Looks like there’s an issue submitting your form.
Ensure your ad-blocker is disabled and submit again, or call us to complete your order!