Security Starts With a “Ping!”
Home should be where you’re most comfortable. It should also be where you’re safest, and that’s where an indoor security camera system comes in. The Vivint Ping indoor home security camera is more than just a way to monitor what goes on in your house—it’s a way to keep in touch with those inside it.
It’s maximum protection with minimal effort on your part.
Ping Camera Features
Your home deserves nothing but the best. The Vivint Ping indoor security camera showcases features that add value and comfort to your smart home system:
The Ping camera allows you to save 20-second video clips, which are held on demand for 45 days so you can revisit them at your convenience.
Communication goes both ways with the Vivint Ping indoor camera system. It lets you “ping” and talk with your loved ones (and even your pets!) with one simple touch of a button.
Don’t be afraid of the dark—the Vivint indoor security camera comes equipped with infrared technology that keeps its vision sharp even at night.
How the Vivint Smart Home® App Makes Security Easier
Helpful alerts. Your Smart Hub™ will ping your app if anything seems off—and you can instantly lock deadbolts or turn off lights as a result.
Remote surveillance. If you have Vivint security cameras, you can view live footage or clips remotely thanks to Vivint Playback™.
Everything in one place. All Vivint products sync to your Vivint Smart Hub—which syncs to your app for thorough, effortless mobile control.Learn More about the App
Smart Cameras Connect and Protect with Voice and HD Video
Input: 100-240V @ 50-60Hz AC, 0.2A
Output: 12VDC, 1.5A
5.2”h x 3.2”d
Full HD 1080p
Field of view
155º horizontal, 80º vertical
3 high-powered infrared LEDs (850nm) with IR cut filter
Built-in speaker and microphone
Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz
Works best with
1.5 Mbps upload
Product protection plan
Free replacement for defective hardware if subscribing to a Vivint service plan. (May require a separate site visit fee.) For product defects only. Does not include product failure due to abuse, normal wear and tear, acts of God, etc. as determined by a Smart Home Pro.
View More Specs +
Related Vivint Products
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Ping camera?
- Unplug your Vivint Ping camera.
- When plugging the cord back in, press the button on top of the camera and hold it down until the light turns red.
- Your smart home camera will cycle through a series of lights. When the light turns green, this means that the camera is ready to connect back to your system.
How do I get my Vivint indoor camera online?
- Make sure your camera is plugged into a working outlet.
- Reboot your smart home system panel.
- Unplug your camera for about 30 seconds, then plug it back into the outlet to restart it.
- You can also restart your router by unplugging it, then plugging it back in.
Does Vivint require internet?
Vivint Smart Home is a cellular-based home automation and security system. It depends on a cellular connection to function, not the internet.
How do I reconnect my Vivint home security camera to Wi-Fi?
- On the home screen of your Vivint smart home system panel, tap the “Menu” icon.
- Press the “General” option.
- When prompted, enter your 4-digit PIN number.
- Press “Connectivity.”
- Press the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Select “Reboot Network Module.”
- Wait a few minutes for the system to start back up. Once it’s on, test your camera to make sure the reboot was successful.